Saturday, June 20, 2015

Four Months Old

Happy Four Months, Caroline Page! 

15 pounds, 26 inches long
Wearing 6 month clothes
Blue eyes, light brown hair
Smiles all the time! 







Lots of smiles and laughs at her four month old checkup! 




Lots of new things are happening at four months old. C prefers to be sitting up at all times. She is very good at sitting up with a little assistance from us. About a week ago we tried feeding her a little rice cereal and she is finally getting the hang of it. We tried to feed her some sweet potatoes before bed with the hopes of her feeling more full at night with little success. Ha. So we are just easing her into baby food day by day. Nothing has changed in the nap department. She still takes her thirty minute naps during the day with me and sometimes she will sleep an hour or two. We are still struggling at night with the same story, waking up for one feeding after 5-6 hours but not going back to sleep. Her eating has improved and she is taking 4-5 ounces every 4 hours now. We have figured out that she has quite the friendly personality and will smile at everyone who talks to her. She is becoming very fun to play and interact with. 

As of now I (not Kyle) have decided that she might be an only child. Everyone tells me that my mind will change in 3-4 years, but unless we are living 5-10 miles from my parents (which probably won't ever happen) I do not plan on having another child. Life on little sleep is not very easy, let alone just life with a baby. I never had sleep problems until I had Caroline, but I think I am just such a neurotic, worrisome mother that it keeps me from resting. The amount and different kinds of sleep medication I have tried is alarmingly surprising. Anyway, we never know what the future holds but I really do not see myself having another child, even if there is a chance he/she would sleep. Lol!

We celebrated C turning four months old at Maters! She was so good and ended up passing out in my arms. Since it was a Friday night, nana wanted C to come spend the night with her and let me come the next day to get her. Since she loves her nana so much and is even better behaved for nana, we didn't mind at all. This is actually the third time she has spent the night with my mom without me...call me what you want but it is so refreshing to get some rest. 

Our little family. 6/19/2015


Speaking of Maters, here is her actual first trip when she was 6 weeks old! 



We have come a long way since then! We got some new cotton headbands this month.. the bigger the bow, the closer to heaven! ;)





She eats either carrots or sweet potatoes once a day. We have to pretty much get her naked while she's learning or else it gets pretty messy! We spent the next few pictures at Nana's. 




 
Swinging with Aunt Victoria until she fell asleep.








And then her expression in this picture just cracks me up. 



Then we celebrated daddy's First Father's Day. C made her daddy this card and it wasn't easy. 



We didn't get to take a picture with daddy on Sunday, but this picture from today sums up how she feels about her dad. The feeling is reciprocated by her dad. He thinks she's pretty special.


And our new favorite thing to do.. Watch Mickey Mouse! She loves Donald Duck's voice. 


We took a walk with Bruce and Libby and then Libby got tired.. Notice where she ended up. Never a dull moment with her. Caroline doesn't mind though.. She loves to watch the dogs. 

 
We love our little happy, energetic four month old! I know I will look back on this post one day and just smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment