Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Two Months Old!

My oh my….Kyle and I cannot believe that we actually have a two month old baby. For some reason when I hear other people talking about their two month olds, they don't seem like newborns anymore. I still feel like she was born yesterday. Time really is moving on.

We have been able to see such a change in C over the past two weeks. Four weeks old to eight weeks old made a huge difference in her and me too. I have been able to figure out her likes and dislikes, how much to feed her, how to supplement formula, how to help her gassy tummy, and so much more.  Between the probiotic drops and the half teaspoon of aloe juice we are adding to C's bottles, we can tell a pretty great difference! We are in the strict routine of bath, bottle, swaddle and bed around 8:30-9:00 every night. Depending on what time we lay her down, she is sleeping around 4 to 5 hours, waking up to eat, and then will sleep around 2-3 hours more. I will take it! The only problem right now is that she is taking 4 oz or more every bottle.. and when she is awake she is hungry every 2 hours or so... So we had to start supplementing. Gas = no fun. At one point she had not had a dirty diaper for 24 hours (not like her 5-6 usual ones a day) so I took my granny's advice and added a teaspoon of dark Karo syrup to her bottle and sure enough, three hours later the problem was fixed. :) Sometimes you don't ask the pediatrician when it's 9 pm, you've been awake since 2am that morning, and your baby hurts because she needs to poop. You just listen to the wise women. 

At two months old, C weighs 11 pounds and 8 ounces. She is 23 and 1/2 inches long. She had three immunization and only cried for ten seconds. I cried longer.  She smiles and her daddy and I multiple times daily. Sometimes have to work for it, sometimes she just smiles when we look at her. She still has to be swaddled during the day for naps and always sleeps to white noise. (We have graduated from the vacuum cleaner because it drove daddy crazy.) I know everyone says "my baby never sleeps!" but hear me out here. This child only naps 2-3 hours in a ten hour period. She is always awake and alert. It wears mama out. She usually gets fussy around 6 and starts getting sleepy. She absolutely loves to be naked and to have her diaper changed…to the point where when she is fussy and won't give in to sleep I just change her diaper and let her lay there for a while because she is so content. She likes riding in the car, but stays awake to look around mostly and doesn't fall asleep unless we are riding more than thirty minutes. Even at such a young age she has developed a little whiny cry when she gets sleepy or wants us to know she is tired of whatever she's doing. I predict a future D-I-V-A!

We have been doing lots of things during our time together. Our favorite is to ride to Sonic during happy hour to get a Grape Nerd Slushie. I probably have consumed 20 to 30 since she's been here. And gotten my mom and my brother's girlfriend addicted as well. We love to spend the night at nana and pops when Daddy  is working but the one hour drive there is very hard. Between my stuff and hers it's a big day packing and traveling and getting there. C usually sleepy fusses for 20 to 30 minutes on the ride since no one can stick the paci in so Mama does lots of talking to Caroline and praying to Jesus. :) We also love to stroll Bridgestreet and go to Great American Cookie, Barnes and Noble, and Sephora. When daddy is home with us we ride to Guntersville to the park with Libby and walk by the water. I know when I go back to work in 2 weeks I will miss these fun times. 

I love my smiling 2 month old! Even if she does take an hour to fall asleep and then nap for 30 minutes. ;)



Daddy was so proud of C at the doctors office. 


This grin cracks me up! So so much! 


Little twins! Morning cuddles.


Legs are getting chunky...






And of course my Instagram post about our stinky blowout at the mall! We were feeding C in the food court and realized we were sitting next to Kyle's high school Spanish teacher so we started chatting. Next thing I know, I feel C blowout her diaper and my forearm is wet! We quickly excused ourselves and hit the family bathroom (somewhere I never thought I would be since I think public restrooms are nasty) and laughed our heads off cleaning her up. There was poop up her back, on her shoulder, on my VB changing pad, and many other places. Obviously C felt better so she smiled and cooed at us the whole time. I'm sort of glad it happened because I realized it was the first time I have belly-laughed in a long time! :)




Polly and C were in the nursery together at church on Sunday. I couldn't leave her just yet (even though I trust Haleigh and Jennifer completely) so I stayed and played with these girls. Anna Beth and I were due 3 days apart in February. Polly came on the 13th and we had C on the 19th. Hoping these two will grow up in church together learning about the Lord! 


This week and next week are my last two weeks at home with my little girl. I am so glad I didn't leave her at 6 weeks and even though leaving her at 10 weeks will be just as difficult.. I know that she's more ready now. I'm going to try to enjoy every moment with her these next few weeks! 







1 comment:

  1. She is precious!!! I love all of her monogrammed stuff! And her bedding is gorgeous! Enjoy the time; it does go by so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete