Sunday, April 26, 2015

Acceptance

Day number four on soy formula/breast milk and we are doing good. By good I mean that C isn't having near as much gas pain and she has three dirty diapers for two days in a row. I'm happy with that. I titled this post "Acceptance" because I have had to come to some major terms this week. One of the hardest things about having a baby in this day and time is comparing your baby to everyone else's. We all wonder why our baby isn't doing what that baby does constantly. The honest truth is that Caroline is not a great baby. I love her with all of my heart and I know that this time will pass, but I struggle with her daily. Her daytime naps are only 10-30 minutes long most days with an occasional good day thrown in the week where she may nap a few hours. She cries a lot... Mainly when she's fighting sleep which is frequently. I stay exhausted because who wants to let a baby cry all day long? Not this girl. She is sleeping good at night with only one feeding though. It's just the day that wears us out. Anyway.. God has entrusted me with her. She did not ask to come into this word and remind myself of that on bad days. She is precious and smiles at me so much it melts my heart.. And I know that she is growing so fast that this is just for a season. Here's a recap of our week. 


Watching TV at nanas...she loves to watch the TV! 



One night we got home really late and took her out of the car seat to just swaddle her and put her to bed. This is one of the only times she hasn't woken up when I lay her down. Baby was tired!


Just hanging out with dad and Libby! 


Watching mama wash bottles. (Which takes a whole lot less time now because we swapped from Dr. Browns to Avent.. Don't have time to wash those things!)


Watching mama get a pedicure with nana.. Don't let her fool you. This power nap lasted 15 minutes. :)


My granny's sister Sybil is 97 years old and met Caroline for the first time yesterday. She loved her.


Eating at Los Arcos with my people!


Uncle A and Aunt V loving on C!


Waiting on nana at WalMart! 


My family watching tv.. So sweet. 


And I will end with just a real picture of what we look like most days. Tired but loving our little girl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment