Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Yesterday was Mother's Day and we dedicated Caroline to the Lord at our church alongside our friends Tyler and Amber Kelly and their baby girl Maggie. It was a sweet time for us as we vowed to raise our girls in a home that fears and trusts God and our families promised to do the same. I don't think C and Maggie could have been any different though. Maggie slept through the entire dedication and of course my little energizer bunny was wide awake and staring at the crowd the whole time. We had to poke the paci in halfway through but she ended up doing fine. 




 

We celebrated lunch at Cracker Barrell with our families and C changed into her sweet little VB bubble... I just love her in it. 


We got home and she passed out in the swing from around 5:30 to 8... I ended up unswaddling her to get her to wake up for bath time and she was passed out! Poor baby.


To be completely honest, motherhood has been the biggest challenge I have ever faced. It has not been easy and I have struggled very much so. To tell you that we have the perfect life now with a precious baby girl would be a lie. But I can't imagine life without Caroline now and I ask God continually to carry me through each day and night and to give me patience. And he has carried our family this far. We love our chunky little doll so much and every tear I have cried has been completely worth it. I am so proud to be her mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment