Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday



It's SEPTEMBER!! Okay, I know that technically it is nowhere near fall but I really love September so so much. It is probably my favorite month of the year. Caroline and I have been out and about today running errands and the ninety degree weather has really smashed my fall hopes and dreams for September. 

We have had suchhhh a great start to our week! Woohoo!

What's New This Week?

We have stopped napping in the swing! Hallelujah and AMEN! To anyone that doesn't have children this is probably not interesting, and probably not interesting to anyone who does have kids but its so big for us! Saturday morning when we got home from my parents I was bound and determined to start her napping in her crib. The first few naps were rough with her fussing for thirty minutes or so before falling asleep but we have stuck with it. Now its taking her less than fifteen minutes to fall asleep and I'm loving it. 

This is actually the picture I snapped before I started this post of her on the monitor napping. I never thought we would use our monitors and her bed at six months so score one for the new mom! 



Waking up from her nap on Sunday morning before church. A nap was needed since she woke up at 4 am (insert exhausted emoji here.)



What Am I Looking Forward To?

Other than the DWTS reveal tomorrow, I am looking forward to our last women's bible study for The Best Yes on Monday night. Haleigh has done an amazing job leading and we have all thoroughly discussed some great topics in bible study. I'm also looking forward to our six month disc to be ready and to be off on Monday for Labor Day!! 

Then I wanted to save the best for last… SMALL GROUPS start at GSBC this fall in a week or two! Kyle, Caroline, and I find out which group we are assigned to this week. I'm nervous and excited to find out which group we are assigned to and how God is going to work through the group. Plus I am nervous about bringing a six month old but I'm hoping that it will work out. 

What Am I Dreading?

I am dreading going to sleep tonight because I know that Caroline will be up between 2 and 4 am. She's on a great streak of being up and down at night. 

What is God Showing Me?

This week I think that God is showing me to take some time during my quiet time to just listen to Him and what He has to say to me, rather than me doing all of the thinking and talking.

I finished The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst this morning and can't wait to read it again. I will probably let my friend Beth read it first. Just because I love her so much. lol. 

What Has Caroline Been Up To?

Taking sefies with mama.



Looking quite adorable for church. (And upgrading to six month MAM paci's that are not cute.)


Showing some serious SASS before church on Sunday night. 


Some more sass…..



Playing with nana while mama is at work! I loved getting this picture at work on Monday.


Wearing our first baseball cap from Cousin Britt and Millie Kay. We planned to wear this to the park but after I sweat a gallon just taking her to the car, we made other plans. 




Playing with our BFF Polly in the nursery! Thanks for taking the pic, Haleigh! Memories for a lifetime.


As I have mentioned before, these girls are six days apart and I couldn't love it anymore. Anna Beth and I have became such good friends that are walking similar paths with our six month olds and now we have our husbands playing music at church together to add to the mix. Oh how I would love to see these girls at church together in five years! 


That's it for today! Kyle is at the gym and Caroline is napping so I believe I am off to start a new book! 



XOXO- Laci

No comments:

Post a Comment