Sunday, February 9, 2014

Obedience Opens Doors...

When I wrote my first blog post yesterday, I had no idea that I would be writing another one today, but God has blessed me so much today that I cannot help but express my joy.

What I have been thinking about all day is how being obedient to God opens doors that you do not see coming. And when I write "do not see coming", I am talking about people/places/situations that you would have never thought would be impacted by one act of obedience from you to your Lord. Today I am thankful for the obedience of Pastor Kumar of Clarkston Georgia, who came to speak to our Sunday School class today for Engage Mission weekend.

I won't go into too much detail in respect for my husband's spiritual walk with Christ and the glory that has yet to unveil in his life, but I wanted to share how Pastor Kumar's obedience to God impacted a young married couple from Arab, Alabama today. Pastor Kumar shared from Luke 10 about how Jesus commands us to approach the field of missions with people that we are basically culturally different from. He explained how we have to adapt and give up our comfort zones in order to reach others. Which may be a message that we have heard before, but not in this aspect. He went on to encourage us not to keep our seats warm, but to glorify God in any way possible. 

This message helped my husband realize something that God has been wanting him to do in his life. Something specific that I have been praying to happen in his life for weeks now. To be completely honest, I was just thinking this week that my prayers were going nowhere. That maybe there just wasn't an answer from God for this particular situation. Just when I had almost given up hope, God intervened in the form of this guest speaker to answer my prayer and speak to my husband. 

Praise GOD almighty for his servants being obedient to Him! I hope this encourages you as it has encouraged to me be more obedient to our Heavenly Father, who will use us in ways we never knew. Happy Sunday!

"Do not worry about anything; instead pray, about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, will exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hears and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Praying for you guys! Love you Lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just come across your blog. Love your post! I needed to hear this as we suggest with so much and when and what and we forget God's timing is perfect timing. Praying for mommy and baby Page!!

    ReplyDelete