Monday, February 10, 2014

December/January Recap


Just wanted to share a little December/January re-cap from our life! We celebrated one year of marriage on December 1st, so we cruised from Tampa to the Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico. We spent five nights on the Carnival Paradise and it was definitely an experience, to say the least! Kyle enjoyed Cozumel so much and we hated that we only had 8 hours on the island! We have pretty much came to the conclusion that we are more of the fly to a resort and stay a week type of people, but this trip was fun too and the memories were great! 















We got home from our trip and the next night we went to a "National Lampoons/Tacky Christmas" Church Christmas party at Rachel & Josh's, which was a complete blast! I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people we have met at Gilliam Springs this past year! God chose to bless us with many new friends in 2013. 





Although Kyle isn't a fan of pictures, he did decide to pose with me one night before we went to a Christmas play that our family was a part of. This was our second Christmas together. 




Anyone who knows me knows how much I love our dachshund Libby. So we thought it would be fun and crazy to have a blow-up weenie in our yard. Kyle was pretty proud of this one! 

And of course... Kyle is super excited about his two favorite things, Christmas shopping and pictures! 


I ended January by attending the Passion Conference in Atlanta with the college group and some of my girlfriends. To say it was amazing would be an understatement. We got to hear from Christine Cain, Francis Chan, Louie Giglio, and John Piper. My favorite part was Hillsong United, of course. I am so glad I got to spend a little more time with some of the Gilliam Springs girls and got to know them better! This was a highlight of 2014 for me already!








The best pictures are of this precious little baby boy who joined our family in January! John Barry Bailey is the sweet little son of James Paul and Emily, my cousins. This little bundle of joy has been much anticipated by many, so as you can tell, mom and I were thrilled to visit with Emily and my Aunt Jill and to meet him. 




We did our one year anniversary session with the amazing Kayla Cobb in January as well. The day did not start out as planned as the weather changed from a sunny sixty degrees to a windy fifty degrees within the hour of pictures. We did get a few great shots, and we got to bring Libby which was fun! I haven't got around to buying a  CD insert for my Macbook Air yet, so here is a little preview! Hoping that February turns out to be as great as the past couple of months. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment