Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines 2015

This post is nothing special and normally Kyle and I do not treat Valentine's day different than any other day but I decided that since this might be our last weekend together before Caroline arrives that I would write about it. 

I woke up at 6:45 a.m. to Kyle tapping me on the shoulder and giving me a box of Dove chocolates and a card. Some girls may not be a fan of traditional chocolates but I am that girl who eats something chocolate every day so a box of chocolates makes me nothing but happy! Kyle and I also have this thing going since we have been married that he always gets me dog cards for birthdays/holidays since I love dogs so much. This years was my favorite but I forgot to take a picture. 

This is week 38 and the physical changes of pregnancy are really tolling on my body. I am pretty sure C has grown quite a bit because my back hasn't hurt much this entire pregnancy (partially due to the chiropractor) but today it was killing me. And still is. I stayed at home yesterday and got some things done so today we got out for a couple of hours and strolled Bridgestreet in the pretty 50 degree weather. I knew that we would be walking a lot so I planned my outfit around the shoes I wanted to wear…a pair of leopard print Croc flats. I knew they would be super comfy and sure enough after walking around for a couple of hours my feet weren't hurting that bad. Of course we knew Bridgestreet would be crowded but I didn't realize that everyone and their brother would stare at me. Some people act like they have never saw a pregnant lady before but I just smiled anyway. 

Nothing makes Kyle and I happier than being at home in pajamas and having nothing to do….we could seriously do this every day. Right now, we are home at 7:30 pm watching Netflix and wrapped up in blankets. I have my magazines, Lemon Oreos, and a glass of milk beside me. :) The only thing about being at home and resting is that the past few weeks I just can't get comfortable. Or if I do, I can't stay that way very long due to C moving around on me. 

I have to brag on my Valentine before I end this post. I haven't had much of an appetite at home the past few weeks but the one thing that Kyle makes that I love is grilled cheese. No joke, every day for about 2 weeks that he has been home he has made me a grilled cheese. So what do you think I picked for my dinner tonight when we got home?



I told him that I was going to take a picture of him making it for me so that I could tell Caroline how many grilled cheese sandwiches we consumed during my pregnancy. :) Anyways that is it for my Valentine's post.. we relaxed and are patiently waiting for little girl to join us in this big crazy world! 




1 comment: