Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Sweetest Kicks

I knew that once I got on here to start posting about being pregnant that it would be addicting, but I just have to share what happened last night! Kyle and I had been at home yesterday afternoon discussing names that we liked and finally decided on our daughter's first name. It was such a fun moment finally deciding and saying "Yes, we are done, thats her name!" Then singing her name while walking around the house. I am guessing she heard all of this and decided that she liked her name because around two o'clock in the morning when I was working in the ER, she kicked me for the first time and it was so very surreal. To me it felt exactly like it should if a little person is inside of you and kicks you from inside. My friend Tawnya, who is three weeks ahead of me, got to watch my face light up in amazement and then I started to shriek. :)

All of that sickness and awful fatigue feeling that came with the first trimester is now forgotten and replaced with a wonderful feeling of actually being a mother to a tiny, kicking human being. It is a wonderful life today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment